Citizens Advice

Helps you to deal with any legal, money, welfare benefits issues or other problems. Find your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau at or under “C” in your local phone book, and use for other contacts and information.
For England call 03444 111 444
(Landline calls typical cost up to 9p per minute and calls from mobiles between 8p and 40p per minute)

For Wales call 03444 77 20 20
(Landline calls typically cost up to 9p per minute and calls from mobiles between 8p and 40p per minute)


Offers you help with housing, mortgage debt or problems with welfare benefits. Phone the free housing advice helpline 0808 800 4444, open 8am-8pm Mon-Fri or 8am-5pm Sat-Sun, (call are free from UK landlines and main mobile networks). Or, for advice
online, you can visit:

Money Advice Service

Money Advice Line on 0300 500 5000 (English) or 0300 500 5555 (Welsh)

National Debtline and My Money Steps

Helps you to deal with debt problems. Phone 0808 808 4000 or visit

StepChange Advice

Offers you help to deal with several debts. Phone 0800 138 1111 or visit


Gives you advice on your debts. Phone 0800 280 2816 or visit (Calls are chargeable)

To check you are getting all the support you are entitled to:
StepChange Advice
To see if you are eligible for help with your council Tax Bills, contact your local council.
Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance

For Information and advice, or to make a claim for benefit if you are under state pension age, phone Jobcentre Plus on 0345 608 8545 or visit

Landlord & Tenant Act
Landlord and Tenant Act (with variation) is a title used for legislation about right & responsibilities of landlord and tenant of leasehold estate in the United Kingdom.
For more information visit

Pension Credit
For information and advice, or to make a claim for Pension Credit if you are over state pension age, phone the Pension Service on 0345 606 0265 or visit

Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit
For more information about Tax Credits, phone 0345 300 3900 or visit

Private renting
You have certain rights and responsibilities if you are a tenant in privately rented property.For more information visit

Good Energy

Good Energy is a British energy company that generates and purchases renewable electricity, and supplies electricity and gas to homes and businesses throughout the UK.

0800 254 0000

Smart Meters

A smart meter is the next generation of a gas and electricity meter. They’re being installed by energy suppliers in every home in England, Scotland, and Wales. Smart meters come with an in-home display screen that shows you exactly how much energy you’re using in pounds and pence, in near real time and will bring an end to estimated bills.

Affordability Calculator
It takes your households annual income and recommends the amount of money to be spent on monthly rent.

Energy Networks

Find out who your network operator is for gas or electricity
0870 608 1524

MPS Online

The Mailing Preference Service (MPS) is a free service to enable consumers to have their names and home addresses in the UK removed from lists used by the industry. It is actively supported by the Royal Mail and all directly involved trade associations and fully supported by The Information Commissioners Office

0207 291 3310

Free Cycle

The Freecycle Network is a nonprofit organization which coordinates a worldwide network of “gifting” groups to divert reusable goods from landfills.

Royal Mail – Redirection

Redirect your mail to help protect against identity fraud


If you smell gas or think that you may have a gas leak somewhere then you should call Transco Gas Emergencies line straight away

0800 111 999